Who is John Shrapnel?
John Shrapnel (aged 77) was an British actor. He is best known for his dramatic plays and often voiced documentaries besides TV commercials. He was born on 27th April 1942 in Birmingham, Warwickshire and married Francesca Bartley and had three children. He died at the age of 77.
Afterwards his education which he went was located in Stockport and this is where his interest for acting sparked. Along John Shrapnel’s school and college studies he was involved in acting and also was a member of drama society.
John had worked mainly in the theater productions and also appeared on various movies during his 50 years career as an actor.
What was John Shrapnel Famous For?
As an actor he gained fame and respect mostly in the theatre productions especially in Shakespeare plays. He was a member of the famous ”National Theater Company Laurence Olivier” and the ”Royal Shakespeare Company”. Especially in the 1980s, he began to appear more and more often on English television, he frequently played in BBC productions. In the following decades, he got countless engagements in high-profile Hollywood productions, including in ”Gladiator”, ”Nothing Hill”, “Troy”, ”101 Dalmatians.” John Shrapnel has a total of 57 film and television roles.
What Did John Shrapnel Die Of?
Shrapnel’s death reason was cancer. He struggled till the date of on 14th February 2020 on Friday. However, announcement about Gladiator star’s death was made five days later on 19th February 2020. He was survived by his wife Francesca Bartley, and three sons, Joe, Lex and Thomas.
John Shrapnel Age, Height, Weight and Body Measurements
How tall is John Shrapnel? : 1,72 m – 5’ 8”
Weight: 76 kg – 167 lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Chest Size: 37 inches
Waist Size: 34 inches
Biceps Size: 16 inches
Shoe Size: 9 (US)
Body Type: Slim
Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Norman Shrapnel (Father)
- Mary Edwards (Mother)
Birth Date: April 27, 1942 Aged 77 Years
Death: February 14, 2020
Birth Place: Birmingham, Warwickshire, U.K.
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Active Years: 1960-2017
What was John Shrapnel marital status? : He was married
Who was John Shrapnel wife? : Francesca Ann Bartley
How many children did John Shrapnel have? : He had 3 children named (Lax, Joe and Tom)
John Shrapnel Movies
- Branagh Theatre Live: The Winter’s Tale (2015) as Camillo (final role)
- Hamlet (2015) as Claudius / Ghost
- National Theatre Live: Macbeth (2013) as Duncan
- The Awakening (2011) as Reverend Hugh Purslow
- An Organization of Dreams (2009) as Father
- National Theatre Live: Phèdre (2009) as Théramène
- The Duchess (2008) as General Grey
- Mirrors (2008) as Lorenzo Sapelli
- Chemical Wedding (2008) as Crowley
- Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) as Lord Howard
- Sparkle (2007) as Bernie
- Alien Autopsy (2006) as Michael Kuhn
- The Headsman (2005) as Archbishop
- Troy (2004) as Nestor
- K-19: The Widowmaker (2002) as Admiral Bratyeev
- Claim (2002) as Lex Vandenberg
- Alone (2002) as Hannah
- The Body (2001) as Moshe Cohen
- Gladiator (2000) as Senator Gaius
- The Strange Case of Delfina Potocka (1999) as Iwaszkiewic
- Notting Hill (1999) as PR Chief
- 101 Dalmatians (1996) as Skinner
- England, My England (1995) as Samuel Pepys
- Two Deaths (1995) as Cinca
- How to Get Ahead in Advertising (1989) as Psychiatrist
- Testimony (1987) as Andre Zhdanov
- Partition (1987) as General Flood
- Personal Services (1987) as Lionel
- Hennessy (1975) as Tipaldi
- Pope Joan (1972) as Father James
- Nicholas and Alexandra (1971) as Petya
Facts about John Shrapnel that you didn’t know
- He was one of the UK’s most respected theater actors.
- His last television appearance was in ”King Charles III” movie (as Archbishop of Canterbury)
- School: City of London
- College: St Catharine’s College